Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I have much to catch up on...

I have so much to catch up on. Mostly, Lily is just doing amazing right now. She's really exploding with development, and I just couldn't be prouder.

Despite all of that, I've had a relatively low month. I realize that I shy away from posting during the (my) down periods. Having a special needs kiddo is so very, very isolating and lonely at times, that i tend to pull away from everything which just makes it worse.

But my dear friend Danielle reminds me in her post that we need to write about and share it all, because that *IS* life. Life is up and down, and it's not right to just paint a pretty picture of what life with my little epilepsy, autistic baby is like.

So, I'll try to be better about being real.

BUT for now... PLEASE keep my good friend Elaine and her dear daughter Sophie in your thoughts. Sophie is in Detroit havining surgery to hopefully stop her seizures once and for all. She's through the first phase with flying colors, and I"m just so proud of Elaine for continuing to advocate for Sophie, and SOOOO proud of Sophie for being so strong and brave, and proud of her tenacity for fighting this horrible disease.

1 comment:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

It is so wonderful to read that Lily is doing amazing. Do you think it is because of the ABA therapy? How many hours a week is she getting. We saw an explosion in Sophie's development with ABA. I was sad when her ABA therapy ended when she turned 3.

Thank you for sharing Sophie's story...I am amazed at how well she is doing!!!